Athletic Mouth Guards - Dental Mouth Guards
How Much Danger Are You Really In?
You may not be aware of it but you probably know someone who is wearing a mouthguard that is An Accident Waiting to Happen.
How would you feel and what would be the pain if you lost 2 front teeth the next time you played your sport? How would it feel, as a parent, if that happened to one of your children? And, if you are a coach or a trainer, what would you have to admit to yourself and how responsible would you feel if that happened to a member of your team with their life in front of them?
82% of mouthguards, possibly more, are An Accident Waiting to Happen.
You are looking for the best protection and value for money. But you are probably not a specialist and you may not have access to the latest information.
Here are some basic facts:
- There is a 95% chance of permanent disfigurement to your most visible upper front teeth when you have an injury to your teeth
- 31% of sporting injuries result in damage to the teeth, face and head
- More than 5,000,000 teeth are lost each year in sporting activity in the USA
- Do you have a spare $30,000.00? Dental experts estimate that is the cost of treatment over your life when you lose a tooth
- Some mouthguards can be dislodged with a pressure of only 3 grams
- Even in light contact sports, teeth are lost when mistakes occur such as colliding with an elbow
- Many teeth are lost at training because most players spend more time training than competing
you can expect to become excited about having the smile you have always dreamed of!
In 2008, on a routine visit to see Dr. Samuelson, he discovered a spot on my lip. He discovered this during his routine oral cancer screening exam. On further examination the spot was determined to be malignant. I had the spot removed by my Dermatologist. The Dermatologist stated, if not detected, this would have entered my lymph system. Need I say more?